Well I think my last official post was from February a year ago and man oh man what a year and a few months it has been, I will fill you in on some of the highlights to catch you up to speed…
- Paddleboarded around Catalina Island with Tahoe SUP… Check it out at http://www.tahoesup.com/explore_project/catalina/
- Volunteered for Girls On the Run!
- Went to Sea Otter and made a new friend, LcR to be exact
- Started dating said new friend and fell madly in love with him…
- Moved into a house and am living alone…I love it!
- Attended one of my best friends, Becky’s wedding!
- Worked hard and worked a lot at Northstar-I love my job!
- Went to Wanderlust
- Raced paddleboards a lot
- Traveled to Yosemite with LcR
- Attended the movie premiere of the Catalina Island Explore Project (which I was in!)
- Crabbed a couple times at Dillon Beach
- Dog sat a lot
- Went on a ski vacation with LcR to Vail/ Beaver Creek for a week
- Celebrated my first Boxing Day- one of my new favorite holidays!
- Amazing wine weekend in the El Dorado Hills with LcR to ring in my birthday week
- Turned 27 with Martinis and Mustaches Birthday Bash
- Mom came to visit a couple times
- Attended Snowcial for the second time and presented!
- We got Jack!
- Went to Sea Otter again
- We got a canoe!
So that is just a quick and dirty overview of what I have been doing…We leave for Luke’s parents tomorrow and to Todos Santos, Mex. tomorrow so stay tuned for more updates!
No posts in a while after a quite crazy summer… Thought I will jump into this fun and thought provoking game as well as start blogging more.
So here it is…Fill in the Blank Friday!
1. You should always take time to just be. Be still, close your eyes, take a couple deep breaths and not think about anything but just “be-ing” present in that moment.
2. The thought and idea of love make(s) the world a happier place to be.
3. I can hardly wait for the need to book plane tickets for ski trip to Vail with LcR .
4. Wednesday or Sunday is my favorite day of the week.
5. Something totally dumb and ridiculous that I love is
the Venga Boys song “Boom Boom
“…boom, boom, boom, boom I want you in my room
6. If I could, I would go on a world tour and see and experience everything while I am young.
7. I rather like
LcR a lot.
Happy Wednesday! I am still stoked on all the powder from last week and more to come tomorrow through Saturday! Yipee!
Last Thursday, I went out most of the day after an early morning meeting – what a wonderful way to spend the day. Face shots and fresh lines all day!
The rest of the week and weekend was snow-filled and “stuck” at Northstar. I was lucky to have a house to stay in for the weekend- so I could stay at Northstar and have a little “stay-cation.” Saturday morning I had to dig my car out from the week’s storm, which took forever but at least it was a small workout.
Sunday – my friend Jen, who is a wonderful photographer, invited me to join her in a powder photo shoot at Diamond Peak. We had a blast all day, hiking, jumping off things, getting fresh lines all day. I am looking forward to seeing some of the shots soon. I did realize I need to do a video analysis clinic to help me ski “prettier.” Thanks Jen for such a fun Sunday!
Monday night I went to my friend Reem’s for dinner and a sleep over. I love her! She is a great friend who has the great ability to pick out the most comfortable beds and bedding on the planet! There is not an uncomfy “bed” in her house. She picked us up dinner from Village Pizza in Truckee and WOW! I was impressed – such delicious pasta. Yesterday I worked and went back to Reem’s for dinner with her, Jess another wonderful friend, ski, paddle boarding, and bike companion). It was so nice to just hang out, drink wine, eat good food and just relax.
I have started my packing list for my trip to San Francisco Monday evening – Wednesday – which I am so, so, so looking forward to. I am heading there with another awesome woman in my life, my friend Wendy – who owns EXL Media. (if you ever need a stellar media buyer – I highly suggest them.) I am attending the OMMA conference and she is attending the WebTrends/Engage conference. Should be a great couple of days filled with good food, great wine, all in one of my favorite cities.
Then, Friday I leave with Tahoe SUP to Catalina Island. More details to follow on that one…
In the next five years, starting February 5 (my 26th birthday)…
- Figure out who I am, what I want, and what the hell is going on?
- Form some really awesome lifelong habits
*Drinking coffee every morning – Sugar Free Vanilla and non-fat milk (I owe this habit to Casey Hakansson, Butte MT. January 2, 2009)
*Read style posts every day
- Open an art gallery
- DO a really cool art project
- Finish I am Charlotte Simmons (It’s really long and heavy to carry around)
- Fall in Love, Fall Out of Love, Just Love
- Travel to Europe
- Ski the hell out of the world
- Become a kick-ass skier
- Climb Mt. Whitney
- Climb Half-Dome
- Go Fast, Take Chances – PJW
- Become fully relaxed again, see here.
- Mountain bike the Flume Trail at least once a year
- Hike the Narrows
- Get in the best shape of my life
- Buy stock
- Subscribe to the New York Times and actually read it.
- Learn how to ride a motorcycle and get my motorcycle license.
- Become a certified yoga instructor
-Run in the Nike Women’s 1/2 Marathon
-Make it to Bay to Breakers
I am going to continue to add to this list, but here is what I am starting with.
Saw this on a blog I read and thought I would share:
“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.”
- Neil Gaiman
After all the prep and waiting for the next steps for my Cranberry Crockpot Chicken I was invited to dinner at a good friends. So the crockpot went into the fridge until yesterday [Sunday] afternoon. I couldn’t pass up homemade sushi and great conversation with the Albrecht/LaPlantes!
Sunday morning I woke up and treated myself to a two-hour massage and a facial (my ski pass to Alpine Meadows was blacked out). The massage and facial were so nice - but two hours is a realllllly lloooonngg time to just lay there. After my spa day – got some much needed errands run- Trader Joe’s, J. Crew, and found the boots of my dreams - Frye Olive Green Harness boots! They will be a new addition to my wardrobe and my annual nice boots purchase for the 10.11 winter!
When I got back to the house the Cranberry Crockpot Chicken was back into production and after adding the cranberries, kale, and making some brown rice I was finally able to eat my masterpiece. It was delicious and have leftovers for today. I highly recommend this recipe.
Almost finished “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.” Hopefully tonight after spinning!
Happy New Years!
I was lucky enough to ring in the New Year twice last night! First at work with fireworks, Polynesian dancers, a Journey cover band, and [my went off without a hitch] confetti cannons at 9:00 p.m.
10..9…8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1..HAPPY NEW YEAR (in Boston!)
After work, I headed to my friend Wendy’s & rang in the New Year’s with a pop of a Schug Champagne bottle and confetti!
This morning we [Wendy, her son George and his three friends] slept in until 9 or so. The boys ran around, while Wendy and I opened up the WW (Dubba-Dub) Cafe!
We served up mimosas, coffee, Eggs Benedict (with homemade Hollandaise), more eggs, bacon, homemade hot chocolate, french toast, and more! We were a cookin!
I am now getting my cooking on at home with a recipe from one of my favorite food bloggers Kath from Kath Eats Real Food – Cranberry Crockpot Chicken. Yummm!
Two hours of cooking down – four”ish” to go! I know it doesn’t look too exciting but man does it smell good!
I am now going to spend my afternoon watching “Eat, Pray, Love” and reading on my new favorite thing – my Kindle! I am hoping to finish “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” this weekend!